Ipnos is looking for a staff accountant to performs revenue analysis, accounts receivable analysis, payroll analysis, accrued expense analysis, all in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other ad hoc and scheduled analysis activities to support senior management. This role reports directly to the Accounting Manager and will be involved in all lines of business.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing:
- Various account reconciliations and roll forwards
- Prepare and post journal entries required to reflect the financial transactions of the Company
- Prepare and file necessary supporting documentation for journal entries.
- Review and account for OPEX / COGS / Prepaids
- Enter, audit and code credit card transactions and AP bills.
- Running payment weekly/monthly
- Manage and review subledger accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, internal controls, policies and principles.
- Coordinate with Accounting team and IT as needed to resolve issues with ERP system.
- Perform accounting and financial projects as assigned.
- Answer questions from management related to financial data through research
- Perform and document monthly Sarbanes Controls
- Development & support of complex models used to drive business decisions
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as necessary
- Process review and improvement
- Enter JE’s as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Bilingual in French/English with strong English Skills, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Three to five years accounting experience in general ledger and financial statement preparation.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are a must (Vlookups, pivot table, data merging)
- Ability to communicate analytically with all levels of personal and management.
- Experience with large financial systems preferred.
- Great collaborator who has ownership, curiosity and very adaptable.
Ipnos the creator of the well-known sleep app Relax Melodies. We set out on a mission to help people change their lives with a better night sleep.
Who is Ipnos and why should you join us?
- We set out on a mission to help people change their lives with a better night sleep;
- We are a human-sized company at a pivotal moment in our growth
- We are taking sleep to the next level. We combine great content, cutting-edge technology, and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together – both professionally and personally. Our team is agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 5% match on your retirement contributions
- Commuter benefits
- Building something that matters – loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day