Ipnos is looking for a smart, ambitious, and analytical Director of Paid User Acquisition to be responsible for the paid advertising team with the goal of growing our user base. This role is all about growth and optimization achieved by leveraging data to make actionable recommendations and decisions. This individual will set the overall marketing strategy by providing feedback and actively sharing data, results, and ideas.
Responsibilities as Director of Paid User Acquisition
What will you do?
- Build a team of user acquisition managers and designers;
- Set the goals and targets for the team and manage a P&L and budget;
- Supervise a team that owns (develops, deploys, monitors, and optimizes) paid media campaigns with multi-million dollar budget;
- Proactively seek, identify, and evaluate innovative opportunities for campaign growth and improvement;
- Explore and test new marketing channels, platforms, and networks;
- Continually strive for higher volume and margins with ongoing optimization;
- Break down and interpret large and complex data that can be turned into actionable decisions;
- Maintain steady high performance by ongoingly monitoring campaign results and promptly respond with appropriate adjustments;
- Collaborate actively with cross functional teams, such as data science, marketing, product, designers and engineers, to drive growth and optimization;
- Work closely with strategic partners, such as Google, Facebook and others, to achieve best-performing marketing initiatives;
- Analyze various algorithms, techniques, and statistical models for predictions in a dynamic data environment;
- Optimize the landing page and funnel experiences to improve traction and conversion;
- Enjoy teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference in people’s lives.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about « runway », « cash left », or « how much time we have until the next round ». We have the startup DNA, but we are fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your « job ». You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people are allowed here!
You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work-life balance. Really.
- BSc/MA in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Math, Economics, or Engineering
- 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Ability to analyze large sets of complex data, and deliver meaningful conclusions that can be turned into actionable decisions
- Basic knowledge of statistics (P-value, significance, correlation vs causation)
- Ability to proactively seek, identify, and evaluate new innovative opportunities for campaign growth and improvement
- Great grasp of numbers with love for data and analytics
- Tech savvy
- Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
Bonus (great to have but not required):
- SQL experience
- Coding experience
- Managing Paid Media Campaigns (Facebook, SEM, etc)
- Experience with high-volume provider recruitment for marketplaces
Who is Ipnos and why should you join us?
- We set out on a mission to help people change their lives with a better night sleep;
- We’re at a one lifetime unique pivotal moment in our exponential growth; we’re fully backed and funded, all the way to success;
- We are taking sleep to the next level. We combine great content, cutting-edge technology, and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together – both professionally and personally. Our team is agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 5% match on your retirement contributions
- Commuter benefits
- Building something that matters – loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day