As Public Relations Intern, gain a deep understanding of the importance & functionalities of PR and communications as you assist our marketing team with exciting new challenges! Help spread the word about Relax Melodies, an app that helps millions of people across the globe sleep and live better.
*** You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and currently studying in a post-secondary school to be eligible for this internship ***
Responsibilities as Public relations intern:
- News Monitoring: Improve your research skills as you explore the media. Perform a daily review of the news to note mentions of Relax Melodies and our industry at large. Ensure that the app is properly portrayed in the articles and the website is correctly linked. Help find opportunities to push Relax Melodies in the current news cycle.
- Media list building: Help build media contact lists for upcoming press releases and company announcements.
- Campaign assisting: Get a chance to take part in an outreach campaign from beginning to end. Tasks include (but are not limited to) survey building and analysis, scheduling, pitch drafting, contact outreach and follow-ups, and sourcing quality information.
- Editing: Hone you writing and editing skills by making regular corrections and improvements to blog posts and articles.
- Presenting: Practice your public speaking by presenting your most relevant and interesting findings through weekly reports to the Communications Manager
This position is for you if you are:
- Currently studying in public relation, marketing or communication;
- A good writer and editor in English;
- Social media savvy ;
- A news buff ;
- A good communicator;
- Into wellness, especially Meditation & Sleep;
- Very organized;
- Detail oriented ;
- Interested in building a community and interacting with people;
- Proficient in written and spoken french (an asset).